Monday, February 11, 2008

Black Valentines

Black Valentines was my theme when I planned this. While this was on my mind, I told myself that "I'd animate this, then I'd get megatons of :+fav:s!!! :evillaugh:", that was my planned author's comment there...
But after coloring the hair, when it seemed 3D to me, I thought, "man, this would be hard...some rough road to pass..." etc.

First problem: Rose. I wasted 3 f'in hours just too look for a rose that would fir the perspective of my drawing. :| Damn, I had to settle on a rose that I had to rotate, then Burn (to make it black and achieve the precious tones) and then put filter effects (dry brush)!
Second, I was aiming for a more realistic forward but I failed again... 'Di kaya ng kapasidad ko! XD!

Well, at first, that wasn't the dilemma, and I was even confident that I'd manage to get through animation easier, but THEN I remembered that I also had a shadow to put while planning this! So how would I make the shadows MANUALLY?! I had no idea how to put shadows some other way around, so I do my shadows manually (yes, no Filter effects or whatsoever.) So when I figured that the soft round brush was too weak and blurred, I knew I was on a tight spot. I then remembered about Drop Shadow effects, but when I attempted to do it, I had some troubles. The Drop Shadow settings don't include "dragging the shadow to where I want it to go" unlike in CorelDraw. :( So yeah, I spent dead 3 days on this.

And you know what? I get 6 faves, and more than 20++ downloads!!!!! X( I'm not happy! It's not fair! What if I don't get credit?! That's every artist's fear; not getting credit!!!

Anyways, happy Valentines to y'all. May you have brighter Vdays. :)

Get a life, Frhaine.

No comments:

Click on the images to full-view. :3